Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Radical!

Ever hear of a game called Radical Dreamers? It's cool if you haven't. Developed by Square, it was a game on the Super Famicom's Satelliteview platform, which means it never saw the light of day outside of Japan, not officially, anyway. Radical Dreamers was a text based, visual novel style game. You play as a guy named Serge and his friend Kid tags along for the ride. Do those names sound familiar? They should. Radical Dreamers can be viewed as a side story to Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. A few of the musical themes from Radical Dreamers can be heard in Chrono Cross such as the Frozen Flame and my personaly favorite, Viper Manor.

Radical Dreamers: Thieves of Fate is the end result of combined efforts of various remixers from OverClockedremix.org. The website I just mentioned should be more than enough to get you to download this album. I've heard the music in the original Radical Dreamers game and it sounds fantastic. If Yasunori Mitsuda, the composer of the Radical Dreamers music were to hear this remixed album, I'm sure he'd be quite impressed. Go ahead and give a listen.

Radical Dreamers: Thieves of Fate

2 comments:

Tommy said...

I read about Radical Dreamers some time back and it was also referenced before fighting FATE in Cross if I recall.

Nice find, Reg.

Reggie White Jr. said...

It was? Thanks for the info. I only played about 20 hours into Cross so I may not have made it to that reference.