Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Latest Game Purchases #8

I wanted to pick up a new Wii game for my birthday and I had my mind set on Sonic Colors. Sonic's latest 3D adventure has received much critical acclaim, being touted as the best modern Sonic title. Each time I saw it at Best Buy it was priced at $30. Been wanting to check this game out and since I still have a mad case of hedgehog fever, I finally bought it.

Metroid: Other M was an unexpected buy. That game is always priced at $50 but it was marked down for $20. I'm not sure if it was on sale or that's Best Buy's new price on that game or what. Regardless, the price was too good to pass up.

It would have been nice to get some retro titles this week. I was originally gonna buy some more Saturn imports but money was a bit tight with this week's check. So, the imports and retro titles will have to wait another time.

I did, however, pick up my first ever Mario shirt! For as many years that I've been a fan of Mario, I cannot believe I've never owned a Mario-themed shirt until now. I picked up this large sized Mario shirt with tons of 1up Mushrooms for less than $7 at fye. The also have a green Luigi shirt. Green isn't really my color, but I've always been a Luigi fan and that guy needs all the love he can get. I'll probably pick that one up next time I get paid. They actually have a nice selection of gaming shirts at fye and the prices aren't bad either, considering it's fye. By the way, this thing is NEVER being put in a dry because I don't want it to shrink.

No comments: