Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Latest Game Purchases #9

I needed to pick up a new stylus for my DSi since it didn't come with one and the only stylus I had was an original DS stylus. I thought K-Mart might have some in stock so I made a trip there since there was one in the area. When I reached the game section, I was surprised to see some of the games that were on a clearance sale. I never expected to see Punch-Out!! brand new for $20. They only had a few copies left so I grabbed it the second I saw it. Every other place I've seen Punch-Out!! has been selling it for $30-$40 new so being able to get it for $20 was quite the bargain.

Looking through the clearance titles further unearthed another Wii game that received much praise: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, which was also going for $20. Talk about a lucky break! That game is still going for $50 at Best Buy. Much like Punch-Out!!, there were only a handful of copies left so, yoink!

It's funny, I really didn't plan on buying any Wii games today and yet I ended up getting two titles I've been wanting the most. On top of that, I got them at K-Mart, of all places. It really does pay to shop around.

4 comments:

Tommy said...

Very nice!

snowboardgamer said...

punch out wii for 20? damn, im still waiting on it be that cheap. I dont think Kmarts exist anymore here in Canada, too bad! I guess I will have to settle for the NES punch out, which is still a great game

Reggie White Jr. said...

@snowboardgamer, you can't go wrong with Punch-Out!! on the NES. I still need to go through that on Virtual Console.

GameOverYeah said...

I've had Punch-Out for a while now and only played it the once, just couldn't seem to get into it for some reason.

Still love playing the SNES version though and really need to pick up the NES version again.

I also really need to pick up Sin and Punishment.