Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Latest Purchases #32




Another month means another issue of Retro Gamer. I had no idea it was the 40th anniversary of Pong. Pong is one of those games that everyone has played. Basically, Pong was like the Tetris of it's day. Without Pong, well, the gaming industry wouldn't be what it is today. Should be a really good feature to read.

Nintendo Power Vol. 280. No surprise that the Wii U made the cover. What I'm really looking forward to reading up on, however, is the feature on New Super Mario Bros. 2. With the game releasing next month, I need to learn all that I can about this one.

The original Ape Escape is one of my favorite PSone games. I'd completely forgotten that it was ported to the PSP as a launch title in 2005 in Ape Escape: On the Loose. This was only $3.99 at fye and complete. I really should play through Ape Escape 2 and 3.

I have been loving the Sonic the Hedgehog comic since I picked it up again in 2009. The comic has been red hot as of the Sonic Genesis story arc. Mecha Sally, Antoine in a coma, Nagus as king, man, its getting to where I cannot wait for the next issue each month. As of #36 I started picking up Sonic Universe to help fill in some gaps as things were being referenced that I had no clue about. The Secret Freedom Fighters have been talked up a bit for months now and we finally get to see them all in action. 

Mega Man may not be seeing much action in games, but he's getting plenty of it in the comics. Part three of Spirtus Ex Machina we find out why Dr. Linda feels the way she does about giving robots souls and more of Dr. Wily's next plot is revealed. We also see more of Proto Man. Agh, I sooo want the next story arc to hit the shelves already.

And finally, there's that insanely cute Kirby plush. I've always wanted a Kirby plush. I was in fye killing time before work and I saw this thing in a pile of Sonic plush toys. I couldn't believe it. This is the first time I've ever seen a Kirby plushy in the USA. Every time I look at the thing I just wanna hug it. Hopefully there are plush toys for Meta Knight and Dedede as well.


Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!

No comments: