Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Latest Purchases #33




These are purchases that I made last week that I'm just now getting around to posting.

Went inside fye and saw a used copy of Dragon Ball Z Season Eight. This was around the time I first got into DBZ. Technically, it was somewhere in the Season Seven episodes with the World Tournament Saga, but the Babidi and Majin Buu Sagas soon followed so I still consider these my starting DBZ episodes. Lots of good moments on these discs. Vegeta's selfless sacrifice (which ends up being totally pointless), Goku's incredible transformation into Super Saiyan 3 and of course, Buu wreaking all kinds of havoc. Only two more box sets to pick up and I'll have the entire Z portion of Dragon Ball. I still haven't picked up Season Seven yet because for some strange reason, it cost more than Season Eight.

I was surprised to find this cute Shadow plush toy. Yes, despite the scowl on his face, this Shadow is still all kinds of adorable. It isn't as cute as my Kirby plush but this thing was still tough to pass up. Now if I could only find a Robotnik plush.

I heard about the Ultimate Shooting Collection a while back. This compilation contains three Milestone shooters, Chaos Field, Karous and Radio Allergy. Chaos Field was ported to the GameCube for a North American release while Karous and Radio Allergy stayed in Japan. Radio Allergy was set to receive a Western release on the GCN in 2006 and I was very much looking forward to it, but it was canceled. So Ultimate Shooting Collection was my first time being able to play these shooters. I must say, this set is quite a treat. The games presented truly feel like they belong together, with each one giving you a heavy dose of screen filling bullets, and a sword to cut some of the opposition down. I was able to purchase this on Amazon new for under $17. This baby is scratching my SHMUP itch rather nicely.

No comments: