Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

Latest Purchases #35



Went shopping on Amazon early Tuesday morning and these babies came in the mail today.

If you don't know, I'm a huge fan of animation. One of my all-time favorite cartoons is Tiny Toon Adventures. Much of the same style of humor that was seen on Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures and later Animaniacs can be seen in Tiny Toons. I picked up Season 1 Vol. 2 because it was cheaper than Season 1 Vol. 1, which I plan to pick up with my next pay check. Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaiacs are two great shows that seem to be in the same boat: Warner Bros. has no plans to release the remaining DVD sets. I guess something is better than nothing and at least Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent my Summer Vacation finally got released on DVD.

I was reading a preview of Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward for the N3DS in an issue of Nintendo Power. The game is a sequel to 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, a game they made mention of during the preview. SuperPhilip also made mention of this game on his feature of 50 best NDS games. It was only $20 on amazon new, so I snagged a copy. It's a thriller, puzzle and mystery game all in one and it sounded way too cool to pass up. If I'm going to get Zero Escape, I may as well have it's prequel.

2 comments:

Adam said...

I had that tiny toons game

Reggie White Jr. said...

Which one? There were quite a few of them.