Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Nintendo Power is Coming to an End

I haven't been keeping up on the gaming news as of late so it was a surprise to hear that Nintendo Power would cease publication at the end of this year. The December issue will be the final issue of Nintendo Power. That's a tough pill to swallow.

Nintendo Power has been a staple in the gaming industry since the late 1980s. The magazine has been around for 24 years. Anyone that was a Nintendo fan probably picked up an issue at some point or another. Nintendo Power helped me get through Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 3, and a ton of other NES, SNES and N64 games.

I know this is the digital age, but I still love to read a good game magazine. I started picking up the magazine again in the summer of 2011 on a regular basis and I've loved the content that the mag offered. It saddens me to see such a great mag go, but I'll always remember what Nintendo Power did for me and I'll keep picking up the magazine until the very last issue.

Source: Joystiq


No comments: