Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Currently Paying #3

Maybe it's because this year is Kirby's 20th anniversary, but I've been a major Kirby kick lately. The little pink puff is getting a lot of play time.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land



Seeing videos on YouTube (been watching TheRunawayGuys) got me thinking I should go back and complete the Extra game on Kirby's Return to Dream Land. If you've never played the Extra mode, it's significantly tough than the normal game. Your life bar is cut in half, bosses look different and have additional attacks. And the Another Dimension gray areas? That wall is constantly on you to the point where you may need to shoot something at it to get if off your back.

I play with my nieces from time to time and with my oldest, we actually cleared The Arena. The Arena is a lot of fun, but it's much easier when compared to the one in Kirby Super Star. There were only 13 battles to fight in this version when compared to Super Star's 19. Still, it's a really nice boss rush and since we cleared it, player one can now go through The Arena as either, Meta Knight, King Dedede, or Waddle Dee. That's a pretty nice reward for clearing it. Though I do think I owe a good chunk of the victory to Spark because after a second rough through by myself, I was able to finish without too much trouble. Maybe I'll try to beat The Arena with different powers.

Kirby Super Star Ultra



Yeah, I'm also playing my second favorite Kirby game on my DSi. Ultra adds a lot of new features and brand new games to the point where many consider it superior to the original. I'm 86% finished overall with the games. I went back and got all the Copy Deluxe powers on Milky Way Wishes and I found 39/60 treasures on Great Cave Offensive. Games I haven't finished are Helper to Hero and The Arena, which is just as difficult in this game as it is in the SNES original. I believe you unlock The True Arena for finishing The Arena, which has even more bosses like Galacta Knight and Marx Soul. I was soooo close last night. I got all the way to Marx and almost had him beat but lost my helper and my Copy power.

Still Playing: Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition, Kirby Mass Attack, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2

No comments: