Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Latest Purchases #38

This post was supposed to be up a few days ago. Blog posts have slipped somewhat because of my work schedule and sleep has been a harsh and bitter mistress for me. Well I'm off work for the next two days so I'll be able to catch up on sleep and posting.



Two gaming magazines are going the way of the Dodo Bird this year, Nintendo Power and Nintendo Gamer. While I knew about Nintendo Power ever since I was a kid, Nintendo Gamer wasn't brought to my attention until a few months ago. During routine visits inside Barns & Nobles, I saw Nintendo Gamer in the magazine section and flipped through a few issues. Seemed like a pretty cool mag. I was surprised to find out that it was coming to an end. In fact the issue pictured above is the final issue. I really like the hand drawn artwork featuring Nintendo characters. I really wish I'd know about this mag sooner. I probably would have been a regular reader. The latest issue of Nintendo Power had a particularly heart-wrenching letter from the editor to read. I'm really gonna miss this mag when it's gone in December.



The Toon look is one of my favorite Zelda art styles. I picked up a Toon Link plush about a year ago, so I was more than willing to add more Toon style Zelda themed collectibles to my collection. These in particular are from Phantom Hourglass. These came inside those capsule balls so it can be difficult to see which figure you're getting. I thought I had Tetra but instead, it turned out to be Linebeck. Despite those tiny holes being difficult to see through, I was able to spot enough gray to know that I did nab the Phantom Guardian, but the things shield is tough to position so he can hold it.

Linebeck and Phantom Guardian aren't the first Phantom Hourglass figurines I've purchased. Months ago I picked up one for Link. Again, I was able to look through the holes and see a good chunk of green, so it was easy to see that it was Hyrule's hero. I just never got around to mentioning that I had him so I figured I'd do that in this post. There's a picture of him below.


2 comments:

Adam said...

I like the one with Link

GameOverYeah said...

Nice to see you bought the final issue of Nintendo Gamer.

What did you think of it?