Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Downloads #20

Mega Man (NES)



I was so excited when it was announced that Mega Man 1-6 would be coming to the 3DS Virtual Console. Today Mega Man hit the the eShop so I put some funds in just so I could purchase it. I've played through Bomb Man and Guts Man's stages and it seems to be a pretty faithful translation of the NES game. And now I can play it when I'm miles away from home. Sweet!

Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (GB)



This one has been on the 3DS Virtual Console for a quite some time now. I wonder what's taking Capcom so long to get the rest of the GB Mega Man games to the eShop. I could always play my physical copies on my Super Game Boy or Game Boy Player, but more players should be given the chance to experiences these games.

Anyhoo, in order to show my support for all things Mega Man, I decided to finally download Dr. Wily's Revenge. It plays a lot like the original NES Mega Man, making it hands down the toughest of the GB Mega Man titles. I've actually never been able to finish this one. I think being able to save will help some but that final Dr. Wily stage is something else.

2 comments:

Adam said...

I've never played the GB MMs

Reggie White Jr. said...

You should check them out, Adam. They really are quite good.