Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2012

Latest Purchases #42

My vacation pay came and sadly it wasn't even close to what I thought it would be so I wasn't able to get everything I wanted. I'm bummed about that but in the end, I ended up spending a fair amount of it on my wonderful nieces and nephew for Christmas gifts. What did I get them? You'll find out on December 25. Until then, check out the first batch of things I treated myself to.



You can never have enough blankets to keep you warm and you can never have enough Mario blankets. So here's my second Super Mario Bros. blanket with Mario and Luigi to keep me warm. I picked this up at fye, on sale for less than $11 and with my 10% discount, I paid even less. The original price was $21.99.

The Last Story finally hit American retailers back in July. I'm late picking it up but Best Buy had it for $40. I'm not sure if the price dropped on the game or what but they only had a few copies left so I was gonna make one of them mine. I love the special packaging of this game. A huge thanks to Operation Rainfall for helping to get this game published outside of Japan and thanks to Xseed for taking up the publishing duties.

I love the original Pikmin and I never got around to picking up Pikmin 2 on the GCN. I wouldn't mind having a GCN copy of Pikmin 2 but I'm not gonna go out of my way to hunt one down. Besides, I hear it's one of the more pricey GCN games so I'll stick with the motion controlled version of Pikmin 2 on the Wii. It'll be fun to explore with Olimar and the Pikmin again. And with no time limit!

I picked up The Dark Knight Rises DVD + BluRay + Ultra Violet edition at fye on release day. But when I went into Best Buy they had the whole Dark Knight Trilogy on sale for the same price I paid for the single copy of the Dark Knight Rises. I didn't expect to find the trilogy so cheap, so I picked up the DVD version of it and gave the DVD + BluRay + Ultra Violet version to my dad. He's a hard working gent that doesn't treat himself nearly enough.

And this makes my second time buying Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This is one of the Wii's dual layered discs. These kinds of games can have problems after extended use with Brawl being the biggest culprit. I haven't played Brawl in months because of this and I really don't want to have to get another version of the game. I'm hoping gamers don't have similar problems on Wii U games. I really missed playing Brawl so it's great to have a working copy again.

One of the 3DS' most anticipated games and the comeback of a Nintendo star, Kid Icarus: Uprising has finally been added to my collection of 3DS games. I wondered why it came it such a box that was bigger than normal 3DS games. That's because it includes a 3DS stand. I'm guessing this is a game that can be difficult to play when holding the 3DS in your hands. I'm still not fond of paying $40 for 3DS games so I'm glad I got 10% off this baby at fye.

This month marks Final Fantasy's 25th anniversary  I thought I'd celebrate by picking up the 25th anniversary game, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. I've always adored the music from Final Fantasy so a game based solely around the music. I wonder if it gets as frantic as Elite Beat Agents.

With Paper Mario: Sticker Star, I have all the Paper Mario games. Some have complained about the sticker system of the game. Everything depends on stickers so if you run out, you're pretty much screwed. It won't be the first time I've played an RPG with limited battle items. One of my favorite GBA games Riviera: The Promise Land only let you take a very limited amount of items into each battle so you had to really think about what you'd use. Intelligent Systems has always had a special knack for making each Paper Mario entry feel different from one another so I want to see for myself what they've done with Sticker Star.



I already have a nice blue beanie to keep my head warm during the winter but a Goomba Laplander Beanie? No I did not have one of those. Until now. fye only had one of these left and I had to have it. It keeps my head warm and it looks sooooo cool! I mean, the Goomba is a PERFECT design for a beanie! The Goomba may very well be gaming's most easily disposable mook but he makes one heck of a beanie. I love it!

1 comment:

Tommy said...

I got Last Story and that FF game recently, but I've not popped them in yet.

I'm curious how well Icarus plays due to the stand. And it sounds like I'll need to be careful when ordering it if the stand is vital to the gameplay. I wouldn't want to get a copy without one.