Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

Latest Purchases #43



As part of Mega Man's 25th anniversary, I've decided to pick up Udon's Mega Man Tribute. Released last year, this book contains nearly 300 pages of Mega Man artwork from the Blue Bomber's many fans. I'd seen dozens of this book's illustrations on the net but after looking through some 40 pages a few nights back, I was surprised at how much I hadn't seen prior to purchasing this. I can't wait to turn on some Mega Man music and spend an hour or so really soaking up all the images.

Udon's Mega Man Zero: Official Complete Works has been out for a few years now. I just never got around to picking up a copy. The art from the Mega Man Zero series has always been vastly different from the X and Classic Mega Man series, but I feel it was another element that helped further separate it from those games. And it's different in a good way. Still got two more Mega Man Official Complete Works books to pick up in Battle Network and Star Force. No idea when I'll get those.

Last Udon book I mention in this post. Promise. I heard about the Mega Man Robot Master Field Guide long before it was released. Pictures and info on every Robot Master and side character in the Classic Mega Man series. Info from Mega Man & Bass' CD Data Base was also incorporated into this book as the characters likes and dislikes were included. Interestingly, the book lists each character alphabetically rather than by their serial number. Despite the fact that this book contains a great deal of info that I'm well aware of, it's still great to have. It's like being able to access all the Classic Mega man character info in one nice, tidy package.

I was long overdue for a Mega Man plush. This thing was apparently made in honor of Mega Man 10's release a little over two years ago. Though, it's modeled after Mega Man Powered Up, that doesn't bother me at all since I really like that game's art style.



To the right of Mega Man is one of the most bothersome enemies in the Super Mario series, a Hammer Bro. plush. I may detest these guys but I really love this Hammer Bro. plush. Even the hammer he's holding looks great. When I bought this thing off Amazon, it was listed as an import, though Global Holdings does have these things available with other Mario plush toys. The Koopa Paratroopa next to him has some light wings but since I don't play with these things, I don't think I'll have to worry about them falling off.



And finally, we have the New Super Mario Bros. Mini Figures. When they say "mini" they mean it. These things are only about 1" tall. I've seen pictures of these things for a few years and it's really nice to actually own theme. The Super Mushroom can be rotated for some odd reason. I'll have to be careful with that one.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I had those mini figures before