Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Downloads #19

Have I been flooding the blog with too many Mega Man posts? You'll have to forgive me for that. It is little boy blue's 25th anniversary and all and with him being one of my favorite video game characters, well, I can't help but celebrate. But I'm taking a break from the festivities in this post to tell you about my latest downloads. The Mega Man posts will resume shortly.

1080 Snowboarding (N64)



I picked up a copy of 1080 Snowboarding in the early 2000s. I've never stepped on a snowboard in my life but all the good things I heard about this game prompted me to pick it up. I never did play much of it and this was mostly due to the steep learning curve with the controls. This game takes a lot of practice to get down and I never really committed myself to doing so. But Club Nintendo currently has the game for 150 coins until January 6. Despite doing poorly at the game all those years ago, I'd like to give it another shot and 150 coins beats 1000 Wii points.

Mario Party 2 (N64)



1080 Snowboarding was originally the only game I was going to mention but in the middle of making this post, I went to Club Nintendo's website and saw some more games going for 150 coins, Mario Party 2 being among them. I never did play any Mario Party beyond the original. Though I loved the first one, I was one of the many (along with my friends) that suffered from blisters on his hands from rotating the control stick in the mini games. I'm guessing that for this reason, the original Mario Party won't being seeing the light of day on the Virtual Console. I figured my nieces would want to play Mario Party 2, but I've always been wanting to get back into the series so yeah, I got the game for myself, too.

No comments: