Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Latest Game Purchases #26

No matter how much time passes, Final Fantasy IV in my mind, will always be regarded as one of the best RPGs of all-time. It has an rich story, memorable characters, and a sweeping musical score. I believe this makes my fourth time purchasing Final Fantasy IV. The only version of it that I don't own is the remake on the DS, which is a remake in the same vein of the Final Fantasy III remake, also on the DS. What makes the PSP version special isn't just the graphical touch ups. Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection contains Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, a sequel to Final Fantasy IV that takes place 17 years after the events of the first game. I was going to get The After Years in episode releases on WiiWare but since Square Enix never saw fit to release anything after chapter I on Nintendo's digital platform, Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection seemed like the best route to go. I was able to pick this baby up last week for $20 at Best Buy. It was the store's last copy.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the Katamari series? Well I really love the Katamari series. OK, so I've only played the first game, Katamari Damacy on the PS2 and We Love Katamari is still in shrink wrap, but that still doesn't deter my devotion for rolling stuff up with The Prince. I don't even know what numbered game Katamari Forever is in the series but for $17.99, should I really even ask or care? Picked this one up Wednesday at GameStop used and complete. Katamari Forever makes my third PS3 game purchase. There are a ton of budget priced PS3 games on the shelves both new and used. The more I look at the PS3's library, the more I want one.


2 comments:

Tommy said...

You got a PS3 AND a 3DS when I wasn't looking?

Snap. Add VoodooKnight99 on your PS3 if you please. _

Reggie White Jr. said...

LOL, I have a 3DS but not a PS3. At least not yet.