Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Latest Purchases #52




This is actually stuff I bought with my previous paycheck. I was just busy with E3 posts and working 9 straight days (woo boy, THAT was murder) that I never got around to posting it until now.

Sonic the Hedgehog #249. We're half way through the Worlds Collide Sonic/Mega Man crossover. Mega Man and Sonic are still fighting Sonic's roboticised friends with the Chaotix being restored back to normal. Knuckles, Amy and the rest are still made of metal. Much as I'm enjoying this crossover, I really can't wait for both comics to resume their current story lines. I really want to see where Sonic the Hedgehog goes with the traitor angle, even though I'm pretty sure I know who the traitor is. As for Mega Man, I felt issue #23 ended where it was just getting really good with Proto Man coming back, making Cut Man and the gang look like scrubs. Plus, I really want to see Rock's battles with the Mega Man 3 Robot Masters.

The latest Retro Gamer Load No. 115 has a special feature on the 30 essential shooter. I've peeked at the list and I can say that my personal list would be significantly different. Of course that may be because I haven't played a large chunk of the shooters listed

Superman Unbound is the latest DC animated movie and it arrived just in time for Man of Steel. Some people didn't like the art style of this one but I think it looks pretty sleek and angular. I saw a scene of the movie from YouTube where Lois Lane flips off Braniac with both fingers. These films are getting edgier with each successive release

Tiny Toon Adventures Vol. 4 Loony Links marks the final DVD release of the series. It took Warner Bros. a few years, but the finally bowed to fans request and put out the whole series. Feels good to have the entire series in my possession. I really should finish watching it. I'm still in the middle of Season One Vol. 2.

No comments: