Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Super Mario Figurine Collection: Bowser

"Did somebody page the king of awesome?" Yes, Bowser, yes, I did.

For all the times he's been thwarted by Mario, Bowser remains one of my favorite villains in video games. I mean, you kinda have to like the guy. He's a big, monster turtle with an unrequited loved for a princess he's constantly kidnapping and he never gives up on his goal, no matter how many times he's met with defeat. You gotta admire that. Plus, he just looks so cool. I mean, just look at him. How can you not think he's awesome? When I saw the Bowser figurine in the Super Mario Figurine Collection, I knew I had to have him. Buying this actually makes it my very first Bowser toy. Made by Banpresto and distributed by Global Holdings, this Bowser figurine captures the likeness of Mario's prime nemesis perfectly. There are a total of four figures in this set, the others being Mario, Luigi, and Peach. You'd think I'd have bought Mario first just to do things in order. But I've already got a Mario plush, key chain and a 5" Mario figure. He can wait. I'll end up buying the rest of the set anyhow, so I'll pick Mario up eventually. Anyway, it's Bowser! How awesome is that?!

No comments: