Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Latest Game Purchases #20

Who doesn't love a bargain? The latest game buys were picked up at insanely cheap prices and I once again managed to cover more than one platform. On top of that, I didn't pick up a single Wii game. Shocking, I know.

Despite not yet owning a PSP, this hasn't stopped me from buying games for the handheld. The Mega Man Powered Up + Mega Man Maverick Hunter X Dual Pack was my first PSP game purchase. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together has the honor of being the second. I'm not terribly brilliant at strategy games, let alone RPG strategy games, but there's something very appealing about the Ogre Battle series. Be it the stories, the beautiful artwork or the rich soundtracks, even a scrub like me can't help but take an interest in these titles. The last time I saw the price for Let Us Cling Together, it was $39.99 brand new at GameStop. Now it's an unbeatable $9.99 As they say in auctions "Sold!"

My third PSP game is another from Square Enix, Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, an enhanced port of Final Fantasy Tactics for the PlayStation. I only put a few hours into the original Tactics. I got stuck on the fourth scripted fight. Even so, I liked the game was very thankful for it's re-release in 2001 (suck it, you eBay clowns). I've always wanted to play it again but it seems like a highly advanced game of Chess to me and I suck at Chess. Not enough to pick up another version of the game, though. For $6.99 and complete at fye, I'd be crazy to pass that up.

The final game I picked up was Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, the second game in the Ratchet & Clank series. I've been wanting to get into this series but still haven't played any of the games. I bought Up Your Arsenal about five years ago and surprise, surprise, it's still unopened. I still need to get the original Ratchet & Clank so it will be some time before I play this one anyway. Going Commando was only $9.99 and complete at fye.

1 comment:

sigmond belly said...

many congratulation for got those game at very affordable prices. You are right that everyone likes bargaining.
r4i card