Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Latest Game Purchases #22

Seems like it's been forever since I did one of these posts. Finally had some spare cash and this is what I ended up with. Not all in one day.

Wario Land: Shake It! is a game I've been wanting to check out for some time now. Just never got around to picking it up because I was buying something else or always holding off in spite of my wants. GameStop had a used copy for $13.99 so I finally added it to my collection.

Gunblade NY & L.A. Machineguns is a game I've been on the fence about buying. I don't know much about either game but I'm aware that they are old. Mind you, I'm all about some old-school gaming but I just wondered if these two aged well. The original price for this was $29.99 when it was first released but the price has since dropped. I got it at GameStop for just $19.99. So I guess I'll find out what these games are like for myself when I get a day off work.

The SNES Kirby Superstar is one of my favorite Kirby games and I'd been meaning to pick up Superstar Deluxe when it came out. When I saw a single complete copy at fye, I wondered if I should have gotten it. Yeah, it's one of my fave Kirby titles, but I'd played it before and could get a different DS game instead. In the end, I decided to make the purchase. And man, am I ever glad I did. I had some time to kill before work on Saturday and I went through Spring Breeze and Gourmet Race with an overwhelming sense of sense of nostalgia. Sure it doesn't sound just like it did on the SNES but the audio is still awesome and it looks even better than the SNES original, too, and that's saying a lot considering how good that 32-bit game looked.

 Rhythm Heaven is a game I've been aware of for years but never got around to picking it up. fye had a good chunk of these in stock but only one used copy going much cheaper than the new ones. So I bought it used. Haven't played it yet, but it sounds fun. I'll more than likely be picking up Rhythm Heaven Fever on the Wii sometime since it's just $30.

Still building the PSP collection even though I don't yet own one, Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles is my 5th PSP purchase. I bought it for my dad months ago so he could play Symphony of the Night but was surprise dto find out you had to unlock it. Who at Konami thought it was cool to advertise both Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night when both aren't even available from the get go? Not cool. Not a deal breaker, but still not cool. I hopped online and figured out how to unlock it for my dad months back. Of what I played, I was impressed with the Rondo of Blood remake. It seemed much easier, which is fine by me. I still haven't beaten Rondo of Blood on the Virtual Console version.

After seeing Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg earn a spot on Nintendo Power's best GameCube games list, I figured I should add it to my library. So I looked on Amazon and found a complete copy for under $9. Took about a week but it was waiting for me in the mail when I arrived home from work on Monday night. Case looks great and the disc is practically scratch-free.

I've always wanted a Wavebird controller for my GameCube and was surprised to see a silver one in GameStop for less than $17. I knew that if I didn't buy it then, it would be gone later on. It will be nice to play some GameCube games and not be so close to my TV or have to worry about the cord. Looking at the size of the thing, I feared it may take four AA batteries, but thankfully, like the Wii Remote, it only requires two.

No comments: