Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

DVD Pick Ups #2



While picking up a phone card at fye, I thought I'd take a look at the anime section. I hadn't planned on buying anything (money was tight this wee) but when I saw this used for $3.99, I figured I could afford to part with the chump change. The History of Trunks / Bardock The Father of Goku double feature seems to use the same remastering as Funimation's orange brick sets. Wide screen but with the ability to watch in the original Japanese language, subtitled in English or watch the English versions with Japanese music. Always a welcome feature. I already own The History of Trunks on the single DVD that released back in 2000 but this makes my first time owning or seeing Bardock The Father of Goku. History of Trunks is one of my favorite DBZ movies/TV specials and I haven't seen it in years. I really picked this baby up for the spiffy metal casing. I mean, just look at that sucker. Man, does it look awesome. Very few dents are in it and both discs are in great shape, free of scratches. Yeah, I was not expecting each feature to be on it's own separate disc and even the discs look really nice. So two DBZ movies/specials with excellent packaging for ultra dirt cheap. I can't complain.


No comments: