Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mighty Milky Way / Mighty Flip Champs OST

Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way. Two of the best DSiWare offerings you can get from Nintendo's online shop. Matching the simple, yet deep gameplay were some fantastic tunes from Jake "virt" Kaufman. This is an older release, but I didn't get around to downloading it until recently. The Mighty Milky Way / Mighty Flip Champs OST is a free digital album, containing all the the music from both games. Spanning 28 tracks, tracks 1-13 are from Mighty Milky Way and tracks 14-28 are from Mighty Flip Champs.

The bulk of the music from these games is on the perky side. MFC - Stage Select, is an amazingly catchy tune and was used again for Mighty Milky Way in the form of MMW - Tutorial, making it the Ground Theme for the Mighty games. Cheerful as the music is, it isn't afraid to be serious when the need arises. The final worlds contain much darker themes. MFC - World 5 (Hell is Other Dimensions) is such a tune as is MMW - World 5 (Final), but despite the gloomy nature of the track, it still manages to sound beautiful at the same time. I didn't think MMW - Title could get any better and then I heard MMW - Title (Extended), a more fleshed out version of the title music, but I loved both so much that each one ended up on my MP3 player. 

Since I adored the Mighty Switch Force! Official Soundtrack, it shouldn't have come as much of a surprise that I would end up loving this soundtrack just as much. It was nice to see the evolution of the music from this series, since I heard the music from Might Switch Force first. Hearing this music makes me hope there's another game in the works for the Mighty series and that I'll get to hear more of Jake's fantastic music.

No comments: