Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Final Fantasy on the GameCube for Dirt Cheap

The only game to hit Nintendo's GameCube. I know I'm super late to the party but for the longest time I wasn't sure if I'd actually pick this game up. In fact, until today, I think I'd forgotten about it entirely.

I was looking around in Wal-Mart and they had a single copy of this game on clearance for $7. $7! I thought to myself "$7 is a steal for this game." It also came with a GBA link cable, which is pretty useless for me since I don't own a first model GBA or an SP model. I wish Nintendo hadn't forced connectivity play with this game. (That was another short-lived gimmick from the Big N, for those of you that may have forgotten.) If you wanted to play this game with another person, you had to have a GBA and a link cable and at this point, who actually still owns either one? Hopefully this game provides a fun solo experience, but then, I do most of my RPGs solo anyway. And it was $7!

4 comments:

Tommy said...

I think one of the later areas is supposed to be pretty hard without another person, if I remember reading the strategy guide right.

I have this game too and made a bunch of characters on a memory card so I could have different shops open up in the town.


I use the gba-gcn cable for one thing though: Pokemon.

Well, maybe I used it to get those Tingle statues in Zelda: Wind Waker, but that may be about it.

With a guide, I don't need a gba to show me where treasure is at or whatever else you can see based upon what color you give your Moogle when you find one of those Moogle caves.

The diff spray colors affect what they show you on a connected gba.

Reggie White Jr. said...

Sounds like you played the heck outta this game, Tommy. I don't know when I'll get around to FF: CC but I will. Eventually. Got so many other games I need to play.

Tommy said...

I've played a bit of it, but not nearly as much as needed.

I'm guilty of buying new games while having plenty of other ones to work on.

Reggie White Jr. said...

Ha! Sounds like we're a lot alike that way.