Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Freeware Shooters That Rock

Reincarnation

Call 'em shmups, shooters, shoot 'em ups. I don't care what title you give them. As long as you think the genre is awesome that's all that matters. In case you haven't guessed, I LOVe shmups. On the NES, SNES, Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, PS2, GBA, GameCube, wherever, whatever. I'll take my shooters on any machine, PC included. Speaking of shooters on the PC, you simply must check out these the Best of Freeware 2007 shooters.


Arcanacra Black Label

Some of these games are demos and not all of these games will blow you away, but they are still worth looking into. Exception is probably a game I'd score a 7/10, but I can honestly say that I've never seen such a simplistic looking game that has ever looked more beautiful. The techno/trance soundtrack is very fitting and I couldn't help but be sucked in by this game. There's something almost hypnotic about it.

Exception

Some of the games look pretty flash and some look very primitive, but any shooter fan knows its all about the gameplay and a lot of these games deliver. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of talented people that there are in this world. Some of these guys could be in the business professionally, but they're giving us these games for free.

When you're done checking out the Best Freeware Shooters of '07, Check out the ones from '06. I also recommend scoping out the Best Freeware Shooter Remakes of 2006. Someone did a bang up job on the Nemesis remake. For those of you not in the know, Nemesis is what Gradius is called in Europe.

Happy shooting!

No comments: