Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Final Fantasy XIII Coming to Xbox 360... Wow

Heh, you gotta love photo shop. Without it, gamers the world over wouldn't be able to make images to the right possible.

Well, if you've been keeping up on th E3 news, Square-Enix announced that Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the Xbox 360. What has largely remained an exclusive on Sony's system over the last 10 years (as far as console releases go) is now hitting the PS3 AND the system's rival on the same release date. I think this is a wise move for Square-Enix and a huge benefit to Microsoft. Outside of a handful of games, I don't see much reason to own a PS3 and this announcement has probably made happy as many as it has ticked off.

I wouldn't be surprised if Metal Gear Solid 4 loses its exclusiveness on the PS3 somewhere down the road. If Konami is smart, they'll send that baby Microsoft's way.

2 comments:

Tommy said...

It's definitely going to allow more exposure to Final Fantasy, at least in the U.S.

I had read they weren't doing so in Japan, and I figure it's due to the XBox not selling as much over there.


And it would be nice for Metal Gear 4 to get on the 360, albeit I've still got MGS2: Substance to beat (wayyy behind, I am).

Then I'll have MGS3: Subsistence (or whatever it was called) to get after that.

I'm figuring the best bet for a 360 release is if they release another version of MGS4. Although, even if they do, I have to get my own 360. And even then, Disgaea 3 is coming out on the PS-3 (NARG!).

And yeah, I haven't even beaten Disgaea 1 yet (and I have 2 already as well. :P)

Reggie White Jr. said...

Don't sweat it, Tommy. I'm way behind as well. Probably have more than 100 games I need to play that I haven't yet.