Search This Blog

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mega Mania!

I'm telling you it as an awesome time to be a Mega Man fan! Mega Man 9 has been confirmed, we've seen the screen shots, we've read about the hands-on play. There's a fantastic fan-made, 8-bit version of Mega Man 7 on the net to keep us occupied. And just a few days ago, fans and Capcom gave us a ton of Mega Man wallpapers to use.

For me, personally all good things concerning Mega Man got even better. I picked up Mega Man ZX Advent. Its been months since I bought myself a game and the price on this had dropped to $20 some time ago. I was gonna get a new copy but I opted for a used one to save a few bucks. Saved a few bucks, didn't get the instructions. Ugh.

I haven't played much as of this writing, but I really dug the first level. It was a nice throw back to early, classic Mega Man games. I couldn't slide, stick to walls, or charge my shots. (Maybe I won't mind the lack of sliding or a Mega Buster in MM9 after all.) As much as I enjoyed the original ZX, I was annoyed that you only got to play as model X for a short time before the game quickly became all about model Z. I've been told I can stick with model X for the entire game in ZXA. Even tough its still early, I'm impressed with the music and dubbed voices.

Again, its a great time to be a Mega Man fan. I don't think I've ever been more excited about Mega Man than I am now. Here are some Mega Man goodies. I'm posting again in case anyone missed 'em.

  • 8-Bit Mega Man 7. This is the full version. There's no bolts, no Auto, no intro stage or even a robot Museum stage but the game is still a lot of fun. And 8-bit MM7 tunes own.
  • 150 Mega Man Wallpapers. Some are fan made with sprites, the rest is artwork from Capcom.
  • Mega Man 8 Intro... In 8-bit. I've always loved MM8's intro. Even in 8-bit form it is no less awesome. I've always preferred the American versions electric guitar song over Electrical Communication. The song has never done anything for me. Strange as it sounds, I LOVE the 8-bit, chiptune version in this intro. I hope there's an mp3 of it on the net somewhere because I've already played this YouTube video more times than I can count. I cannot get enough of it.
  • Forget how hard the first Mega Man game is? Here's a reminder.
  • 8-bit Mega Man 7 in action. This video was what made me aware of the existence of an 8-bit MM7. It should be enough to sell anyone who is having doubts.
  • The Last Days of Dr. Wily. Oh this is just too funny. Click and enjoy

2 comments:

Tommy said...

There's a way to get songs from youtube videos, and I'll check with one of my friends if this is possible with the 8-bit version of the Mega Man 8 intro (also a fave of mine).

If I can figure this out myself, I'll e-mail you song file.

Reggie White Jr. said...

Much thanks, Tommy. The 8-bit version of Electrical Communications is a freaking drug to me!